Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Biohazard Cleanup & Restoration Tips
If the biohazard affected area isn't cleaned properly and in a timely manner, then it could be hazardous to your health. SERVPRO of Texarkana is certified and highly trained in handling any job. We have the correct tools, chemicals and PPE to complete the job up to OSHA and health regulations. A clean and safe environment is what we want for you. Rather it be a home, vacation home, office or commercial property.
Biohazard cleanup is anything of the following: Meth lab cleanup, Tear Gas Cleanup, Chemical spills, Animal waste, Animal Remains, Sewage Backup, Crime Scene Residues, Suicide/death Accidents, Homicide Cleanups, Blood Cleanups, Accident Cleanups and Hoarding Cleanups.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (903) 832-4400
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Texarkana has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Wake Village
- New Boston
- De Kalb