How to Prepare When a Storm Is in the Forecast
You should know well in advance when a storm is going to blow through Texarkana. While there is only so much you can do to prepare and protect your home, you should still take action to do everything possible to prevent flood water from entering your home and water damage from harming your property, because a completely flooded building is the last thing you need to deal with.
1. Learn How to Shut Off Electrical and Water Supply If you do not currently know where your circuit breaker and water main are located, then you need to find them on your property. You should turn off the power if your block experiences a power outage. You want to shut everything off because in the event power is restored, the sudden burst of energy could overload the system, resulting in significant damage to electrical appliances. You should also turn off all utilities right before you have to evacuate, if necessary.
2. Relocate Valuables Keep any precious heirlooms out of the basement, which is most susceptible to flood water. You also want to keep valuables away from doors and windows, because they are entry points by which water or winds can enter.
3. Trim Trees When you have several weeks’ notice of an oncoming storm in Texarkana, TX you should consider hiring a professional service to trim and prune trees that are too close to your home. A diseased tree or weakened branches can break off and strike a building.
4. Move Lawn Accessories Outside With strong enough winds, outdoor ornaments and furniture can become projectiles. Move them inside for the time being, or secure them outside by using a bungee cord or cable.
5. Maintain Gutters Your home’s gutters help keep flood water away from the siding and foundation of your house. Remove leaves and other debris from them regularly so water does not become impeded.
Call SERVPRO of Texarkana (903-832-4400) for more information on storm damage.
Mold, Biohazard, Crime Scene, and Vandalism Cleanup
Recognized as a leading fire and water cleanup and restoration provider by hundreds of insurance companies, SERVPRO of Texarkana Professionals also offer fast, reliable mold, biohazard, and crime scene cleanup and restoration services to residential and commercial property owners.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers, and owners. A failure to properly handle and safely remove such hazardous substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
SERVPRO of Texarkana Professionals are trained to safely and effectively remove biohazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA and state and local health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safely equipment and cleaning products, SERVPRO of Texarkana Professionals help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and offices.
SERVPRO of Texarkana can help with the following issues:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Removal and disposal of bodily fluids, tissue, and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Technicians thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize the structure.
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs, such a methamphetamine, are volatile and can leave harmful residue throughout a structure. SERVPRO of Texarkana Professionals follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
- Crime Scene Residues
- From fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residue, our technicians can clean and restore your property and contents.
- Arson and Vandalism
- We are recognized as leaders at helping property owners recover quickly from fire and water damage. We also provide general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods, and human or animal waste.
- Sewage Backups
- Black Water Intrusions
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
State and local regulations vary. Contact us, SERVPRO of Texarkana, at 903-832-4400, today for 24-hour emergency services.
Tips To Prevent Mold In Carpet After Water Damage
It's important to get your carpet dry as soon as possible to avoid mold growth.
If you have recently had any amount of water damage in your Texarkana home, be it a small leak or a major flood, there is a heightened chance for mold to take hold. Very little moisture is necessary for mold to become harmful and start to spread. Mold has the potential to cause various health issues, such as repertory issues and fungal infections. Below are a few tips to help prevent mold growth in your carpet after water damage.
If you have had recently experienced a flood or a leak, it is important to get the water up as fast as possible. Utilize fans to increase the effectiveness. This will not only help to dry the carpet, it will also circulate the air in the area.
Use a Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers remove excess moisture in an area. They will make the air feel cooler and inhibit the growth of mold.
Call SERVPRO of Texarkana 903-832-4400
Esporta Wash Systems
SERVPRO of Texarkana is your one stop shop for Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration. Not only can we handle your structure and content cleaning we can also handle you Textiles. We have expanded our cleaning division and purchased an Esporta Systems. The system is a unique patented technology that is setting the standard for textiles and soft content cleaning. It is 5 times more effective that traditional laundry with less water consumption.
We clean contaminated clothing from fires, floods, and mold jobs in this machine. It also meets or exceeds all National Fire Protection Association ( NFPA ) standards for cleaning Fireman's PPE.
Sports equipment including pads and helmets can also be cleaned in this machine. Why wait until the season's over? Call SERVPRO of Texarkana and we will pick up the equipment and return it to you.
Items such as leather jackets, shoes, hats can be cleaned and salvaged where in the past they were often considered non salvageable and tossed in the dumpster.
Where does Mold hide?
Do you know where mold may be hiding in your home?
If you've ever dealt with mold in your the house, you likely know how unsettling it is. Regardless of your experience with mold, you may think that it lurks only in certain places. However, mold of different types can surprise you.
Every morning, you might pour water into your coffee machine as you eagerly await that cup of energy. While the water does find its way into the coffee cup, that doesn't mean the entire inside of the machine is dry. Mold can grow there, and this mold can enter into your morning beverage.
During the summer months, the kids may love to take the hose and fill up the plastic pool in the backyard. The water keeps them refreshed and entertained for a significant period of time. However, you might skip over drying off the pool and find yourself in need of mold remediation services to combat it.
Plenty of people have seen mold coming to life in the corners of their bathrooms, but the cabinets can also act as major spots for this existence. The mold may start to grow on or inside of the cabinets, requiring a call to SERVPRO of Texarkana.
Reaching inside of the fridge and grabbing some old food that has become covered in mold is an unpleasant experience. As much as you wipe down the fridge, you might have accidentally dropped some crumbs or pieces of food in the back of it at one point. Unless you are reaching back into the depths of the fridge on a regular basis, these crevices may have become dwellings for mold.
Grabbing your water bottle before heading to work or school is a way to make sure you are hydrated, but you probably don't get every last drop of water out of it. Ensuring that the bottle is properly cleaned before your next usage is one way to make certain that you are not ingesting mold in a bid for proper hydration.
Mold can lurk in many places inside and outside of your home. Working with the professionals is a smart way to determine if you have mold living on your property and to figure out where that mold is coming from. By treating the source, SERVPRO of Texarkana can help to ensure that the mold is away from you for good. Call us 903-832-4400!
10 Ways To Save Energy At Your Commercial Property
Summer is here and the heat waves have started! Below you will find ten inexpensive and practical steps you can take to save money and energy as things begin to heat up:
- When cool nights allow, turn off the cooling system and open the windows while you sleep.
- In the hot summer months, set your thermostat to a temperature as high as you can comfortably stand.
- Use ceiling fans to cool the room that you are in and turn them off when you leave the room.
- Use the exhaust fan in your bathroom to remove heat and humidity while you shower or bathe.
- In the hotter summer months, grill outside as opposed to using the oven.
- Make use of the natural lighting that is provided during the daylight hours.
- When washing clothing or dishes, avoid washing partial loads, when possible.
- Air dry clothing and dishes as possible.
- Instead of taking a bath, take a short shower.
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the warm setting (120°F). You'll not only save energy, you'll avoid scalding your
Put these strategies to work and being to enjoy the savings!
SERVPRO of Texarkana 903-832-4400
What To Expect: WATER
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help Call Today - 903-832-4400 We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Texarkana has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
- About SERVPRO of Texarkana SERVPRO of Texarkana specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Tips for Preventing Water Damage While You’re Away From Home
Water heater leaked for the majority of these homeowners vacation. This is what they found when the arrived home.
Whether you’ve got an older home or you recently built a place in Texarkana you’re not immune to finding water damage. One of the worst nightmares homeowners have is returning to town after a vacation to find a flooded area at home. If you’re not around to address the problem when it starts, you could be in for expensive repairs and recovery. If you plan on leaving your home for several days or longer, make sure you guard against the possibility of flooding. Inspect for Leaks Water pipe repair is a common remedy for water losses. Before putting yourself in the position where you have to do this after the fact, check before you leave town to ensure the pipes under your sinks and in and around appliances such as your dishwasher, water heater and washer aren’t leaking. A broken pipe can spill gallons upon gallons of water onto your floor.
Look at the Hoses Water pipe repair isn’t the only concern you have to prevent flooding. You must also inspect hoses:
• Check the hose connection to your refrigerator and ice maker.
• Make sure the hose that connects your water supply to the dishwasher is secure.
• Look for problems in your washing machine hose connection.
Assess Your Rain Gutters
This job may take some more effort, but it’s just as crucial. If your rain gutters have debris clogging them, that can prevent precipitation from properly draining off your roof and away from your foundation. Water could then pool up window wells and enter your basement.
Get Some Help
Find a trusted neighbor to check on your home a few times while you’re away. Show the person where to find the main water shut-off. Also, give this person the phone number for SERVPRO of Texarkana in case there is water damage. If you take these preventive measures, you shouldn’t have to worry about a water loss. You can then rest easy on your vacation knowing all is well at home.
SERVPRO of Texarkana 903-832-4400.
Commercial Water Damage after Flood in Jefferson, TX
This picture shows the amount of water that was in the basement.
After a recent flooding event this Jefferson, Texas commercial building had a sump pump failure in the basement portion of their building resulting in over four inches of water throughout the entire basement level. Within an hour the SERVPRO of Texarkana crew was on the scene and removed hundreds of gallons of water. Our crew pumped the water out then extracted the flooring using a truck mounted machine that has 100 pounds per square inch vacuum force. The baseboards were also removed and the surfaces were prepped to set the drying equipment and dehumidifiers. The structure was dry after about 4 days, our crews reattached the baseboards cleaned the floors and furnishings. The contents were then moved back to their places and they were back in business!
If your Texarkana area home or business has a water damage, call SERVPRO of Texarkana at 903-832-4400.
Do you smell something? If you detect a musty odor, a mold community is expanding in your home. Mold can take root anywhere there is organic matter, such as wood, and can manifest in new construction as well as old homes.
Prompt mitigation is vital to avoid mold growth, which can be visible in as little as 24 to 48 hours under certain conditions.
*Keep the humidity between 30 to 60 percent
*Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations.
* Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks.
* Keep gutters and drains clear of debris.
* Inspect the roof, windows and other areas where water might enter the building and perform necessary maintenance.
* Respond to all water intrusions immediately.
* Contact SERVPRO of Texarkana for assistance if you discover mold.
SERVPRO of Texarkana (903-832-4400) has the right equipment and cleaning chemicals to help with any mold remediation.
SERVPRO of Texarkana is licensed in mold removal in the state of Texas.